A truly progressive system utilising PWM valve
Aquamist has been pioneering the IDC based water injection system since 2003 with great success. The HFS3-pwm system is designed to complete the Aquamist’s PWM-valve delivery system line-up, it allows precise metering of water/methanol injection for the modern high performance engine. The dash gauge, flow sensor and “Plug and Play” features are standard to minimise installation time.
The system retrieves the fuel flow (IDC) and manifold pressure signals (MPS) from the engine management system as the prime source to control the flow of water. This enables perfect balance of water to fuel flow under all engine loads. The system can also be controlled by a third-party ECU with its own custom water/methanol flow map.
A “Fast Acting Valve” (FAV) controls the delivery rate based on the PWM signal from the HFS-3 controller. A constant line pressure (160 psi) is provided by the Aquatec pump working in the “by-pass” mode. A PWM valve system guarantees wide dynamic range. There is a non-gauge/flow sensor option (HFS-2) for non-critical application where a failsafe is not needed. A dash switch is provided instead. The user can disable the system and reduce the manifold pressure to wastegate pressure if needed. Lastly, we made a price comparison chart here against some popular brands.
Choosing water/methanol flow for your application:
- 100% water: 10-15% water/fuel ratio or 0-5- 1cc per BHP
- M50/W50: 15-20% MW/fuel ratio or 1-1.5cc per BHP
- 100% methanol: 20-25% methanol/fuel ratio or 1.5-2cc per BHP
Selecting the correct jet or jets for the required flow:
- Calculate the pressure by subtract the 160psi pump pressure by the pressure
- Select the jet or jets from true pressure from the chart below (compensated)
- Always pick the next size up or allow 10-15% more to allow more headroom
- Std. jets: 0.8, 0.9, 1.0mm (if not specified with order)
- Version: v3